Many people like to read to their children before they go to sleep. Sleeping can last from 8 to 12 hours according to the age and the schedule of your little one. Parents who read believe it is much better than letting their children watch TV or play a game. And in fact, they are entirely right, because reading has been proven to have numerous benefits for a child’s development.
Whether you are reading bedtime stories for girls or bedtime stories for boys, you share a special moment and develop a much deeper bond with your kid. You tuck your little one under one of the best baby blankets, and your journey of discovering new beautiful worlds from books can begin.
Experts working on topics of child development say that reading for at least half an hour each day can significantly improve speaking and cognitive skills. Furthermore, it enhances imagination and curiosity and many other aspects of a kid’s life. The research shows that those children who were read to regularly from the beginning had higher success at learning languages and overall much better academic results.
Nowadays, there are so many books and short stories written for kids of all ages that sometimes it can be challenging to choose. It all depends on your child’s preferences. For example, some like funny bedtime stories for kids, and some are not so keen on that kind of humor. We compiled here a list of 10 stories that we like, that will maybe get you some ideas where to look for ideal stories for your child.
1. Aladdin and the Magic Lamp. It is a well-known story from the Arabian Nights, also known as Thousand and One Night. The central character is an impoverished boy named Aladdin. The story begins with Aladdin meeting sorcerer, posing as his uncle, who promises him great wealth if he goes with him. Wanting a better life, a boy follows the man, and that’s where his adventures begin.
2. Bambi Story. It is a beautiful classic bedtime children’s story about male baby deer Bambi, his mother and friendship with a rabbit called Thumper and skunk Flower. Bambi is an intelligent and curious young deer who goes through different adventures with his two best friends. At the same time, learning that all of the things he learned from his parents about life in the forest is true.
3. Sleeping Beauty. Because king and queen didn’t invite Maleficent to celebrate the birth of their child, she decided to take her revenge by cursing little princess. Then she said that princess Aurora will prick herself on a spinning wheel on her 16th birthday and after that she will be asleep for 100 years. Only true love’s kiss can save her.
4. Pinocchio. Geppetto, the lonely woodworker, has a wish that the last puppet that he named Pinocchio becomes a real boy. The kind blue fairy heard and decided to grant him this wish. Knowing that Pinocchio will be naive, she assigned Jiminy the Cricket to keep him out of trouble. However, Jiminy encounters many difficulties while trying to keep him on the right track. Whereas at the same time, Pinocchio begins to understand he has to prove that he deserves to be a real boy.
5. The Little Mermaid. Ariel, the daughter of the Sea King, falls in the human prince that she met on the shore. Even though all her friends make efforts to convince her to stay little mermaid makes a pact with the sea witch to become human.
6. The Velveteen Rabbit. It is a British children’s story written by Margery Williams. It is a story about a stuffed rabbit who wants to become real. At the beginning of the story, the boy who got the rabbit as a Christmas gift doesn’t seem very interested. But throughout the story, after he slept one night with the stuffed toy, they become inseparable. But will the rabbit become real?
7. The Ugly Duckling. This is a story about real love and beauty. A mother duck’s happiness is disturbed when she understands that one out of six newly hatched ducklings isn’t how it is supposed to be.
9. Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls. It contains 100 stories about the lives of real women from all over the world. It women’s story is written like a fairytale, so it is adjusted to children, yet they have the opportunity to learn about women’s lives in the past and today.
We hope that you liked the list of classic bedtime stories for kids that we at Top-Mom prepared for you. Of course, there are many other beautiful children’s bedtime stories that you can choose to read to your kids.
Hi, I am Elizabeth! Living in Illinois, I am a girl writing for the living and pleasure. I am a frequent traveler with 2 kids. My check-in list counts more than 13 countries and it is only just beginning. It was quite difficult for me to handle the kids with varying weather conditions that they were prone to while traveling. Now, I know the appropriate clothes, bottle and cream choices for both mother and baby that comforts them the most, and I am writing about it in my blog Top-Mom.
The post 10 Short Stories to Read Before Sleep appeared first on The Baby Sleep Site – Baby / Toddler Sleep Consultants.